- NELIET Courses
- Special Courses
- Basic Courses
BASIC COMPUTER COURSE (BCC)
- Basic Computer Course
Basic Computer Course is specially designed for imparting basic computer education to the common man, a prerequisite for meeting the purposes of preparing personnel/business letters, viewing information on Internet (the Web), sending mails etc, via computer. This can accelerate one’s pace in tune with the “I.T. Revolution”. Duration of the course is 36 hours. This course can also be offered as a 6 days full-time intensive course. The eligibility criteria for applying and appearing for the BCC examination is VIII standard-passed. The examination fee is ` 200/- plus service tax. An Online examination is conducted by NIELIT, New Delhi with duration of 45 minutes, for the purpose of awarding the certificate.
Eligibility: Knowledge of English language.
Duration: 2 months @ 2 hrs per day
- Knowing computer
- Operating Computer using GUI Based operating system
- Understanding Word Processing
- Using Spread Sheet
- Communicating using the Internet
- WWW and web browsers
- Communications And Collaboration
- Making small Presentation
1. Knowing computer: What is Computer, Basic Applications of Computer; Components of
Computer System, Central Processing Unit (CPU), VDU, Keyboard and Mouse, Other
input/output Devices, Computer Memory, Concepts of Hardware and Software; Concept of
Computing, Data and Information; Applications of IECT; Connecting keyboard, mouse,
monitor and printer to CPU and checking power supply.
2. Operating Computer using GUI Based Operating System: What is an Operating
System; Basics of Popular Operating Systems; The User Interface, Using Mouse; Using right
Button of the Mouse and Moving Icons on the screen, Use of Common Icons, Status Bar,
Using Menu and Menu-selection, Running an Application, Viewing of File, Folders and
Directories, Creating and Renaming of files and folders, Opening and closing of different
Windows; Using help; Creating Short cuts, Basics of O.S Setup; Common utilities.
3. Understanding Word Processing: Word Processing Basics; Opening and Closing of
documents; Text creation and Manipulation; Formatting of text; Table handling; Spell check,
language setting and thesaurus; Printing of word document.
4. Using Spread Sheet: Basics of Spreadsheet; Manipulation of cells; Formulas and Functions;
Editing of Spread Sheet, printing of Spread Sheet.
5. Communication using the Internet: Basic of Computer networks; LAN, WAN; Concept of
Internet; Applications of Internet; connecting to internet; What is ISP; Knowing the
Internet; Basics of internet connectivity related troubleshooting.
6. WWW and Web Browsers: World Wide Web; Web Browsing softwares, Search Engines;
Understanding URL; Domain name; IP Address; Using e-governance website.
7. Communications and collaboration: Basics of electronic mail; Getting an email account;
Sending and receiving emails; Accessing sent emails; Using Emails; Document collaboration;
Instant Messaging; Netiquettes.
8. Making Small Presentation: Basics of presentation software; Creating Presentation;
Preparation and Presentation of Slides; Slide Show; Taking printouts of presentation /
BCC Exam Forms Cut-off Dates
The Examination for the BCC will be conducted on 1st Saturday and Sunday of every month. The cut-off dates for submission of filled in examination forms by candidates/approved institutes at the respective Regional Centre will be as per the folowing schedule.
Last date for Submission of filled-in exam form along with fee by candidates/approved institues.